We provide accessible educational, vocational, social support and networking opportunities to local residents in Fitzroy and surrounding suburbs who experience poverty and social exclusion. Many of our participants live on the Atherton Gardens housing estate and are from refugee backgrounds.
Currently at FLN we offer the following courses and services:
- Nationally Accredited English as an Additional Language (EAL) courses
- Computer Literacy
- EAL for Employment
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Creative Arts
- Wellbeing information and exercise classes for CALD students
- New technologies for Culturally And Linguistically Diverse (CALD) youth 12-18 in the Computer Clubhouse (CCH), based on the model from the Museum of Science, Boston.
- Homework assistance for mainstream and CALD youth aged 12-18
- Vocational counselling service for adults
- Information and links to community networks including financial information and budgeting for members of our CALD community.
- Refugee advocacy
- Consultancy services in key areas of expertise: